Over 30 years of expertise in thermodynamic theories and procedures
Thermal performance is the overall evaluation of a power plant’s electrical production with respect to its fuel consumption expressed in heat rate. For nuclear power plants, an improved heat rate will translate to more electricity being provided to the grid and increased revenue to the plant.
GSE’s thermal performance solutions are focused on maximizing commercial advantage through increased efficiencies, reliability, and optimization of power/fuel ratios. We bring significant engineering and plant experience to our suite of analytical services.
- Thermal Performance Modeling
- Power Calculation Evaluation
- Secondary Valve Leakage (CIM)
- MWe Improvement Recommendations
- Turbine Cycle / Megawatt Loss Evaluations
- Lifecycle Studies (Major Components)
- Major Component Warranty Validations
- Data Reconciliation Applications
- Develop/Enhance On-line Monitoring Capability
- Plant Testing Services
GSE Engineering is a highly experienced team focused on creating innovative ways to meet our customers’ needs using a combination of our industry-leading services and products. The Programs & Performance group (Formerly True North Consulting) leverages decades of specialized expertise in thermal performance and engineering programs that refine and update systems, to optimize performance and safety.