GSE services span all aspects of plant steam systems, cooling water systems, pneumatic, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
Our mechanical design engineering team is well versed in these systems’ design and license basis, and each of our design solutions seeks to preserve them on behalf of Owners. We deliver compliant and cost-effective engineering solutions to our clients, from studies seeking the best solution to equipment sizing and specification, through conceptual and detailed design and testing.
Our expertise includes the physical – piping, pumps and valves; the analytical – thermal, hydraulic, HVAC; and compliance – Codes, standards and the Owners’ licensing bases. Our mechanical engineering team maintains a technical edge through continuing education and service to industry, including serving the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Nuclear HVAC Utilities Group.
Areas of Service and Expertise Include:
- System Pressure and Temperature Calculations (Operating Modes)
- Valve differential pressure calculations
- Pressure locking and thermal binding evaluations
- Systems evaluations for reducing the number of credited components to meet design basis requirements
- Identification/evaluation of fluid systems/component performance margins.
- Single-point vulnerability studies
- HVAC system design
- Heating and cooling load analysis and system/component sizing calculations
- Loss of HVAC analysis
- Chiller/Component Specifications
- System hydraulic model development (PIPE FLO®)
- Heat exchanger performance evaluations
- Water Hammer evaluations/investigation of fluid systems transients
GSE Engineering, Design & Analysis group, a division of GSE Solutions, supports operational excellence in the power industry. As an Engineer-of-Choice (EOC) provider, we leverage specialized, high value industrial engineering, design and implementation to create end-to-end solutions that reduce risk and optimize performance.